Rapidly growing software company seeks Enterprise Sales Representative to help kick it into high gear
Who we are:
Cycle Computing is a multi-million dollar software company with long list of Fortune 500 clients and a lot going on. We have a full product set, and we're looking for customer-focused, relationship oriented, over-achievers to join our team. As one of our enterprise sales reps, you will work directly with our customers and partners. You will be responsible for understanding and anticipating their technical challenges, formulating plans of attack, and proposing solutions. Efficient execution and seamless communication are the goals to help make customers happy and successful.
Who we’re looking for:
A successful account executive with 5-10 years experience selling software solutions into complex sales environment with decision makers and influencers from Research IT, Technical Computing, Risk Management as well as engineers, scientists, quants, and mathematicians.
You thrive on meeting new people, diving into the technical challenges holding them back, and working with our product developers to remove those barriers. You want to push the envelope with cutting edge technology. You have top notch communication skills, and can hold your own in front of a crowd. A love of travel is a plus.
Prior experience with cloud-based systems is helpful, as is knowledge of any modern HPC/HTC environments. Selling Experience in any of the Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, Financial, Insurance or Government is highly desirable.
What you'd have done, if you were here last month:
• Delved into the projects details for a customer's HPC/HTC workflow use case and created the associated project plan and/or statement of work.
• Solved immediate science and research questions by actioning a Utility Supercomputing project at a large pharma
• Engaged in high-level customer project ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Worked with product development and solutions architecture to create a solution for making an impossible engineering simulation possible for a Global 2000 using our software.
• Worked with a new ISV to cloud-enable their software, addressing customer demands to scale beyond their internal IT infrastructure and “go to the cloud”.
• Attended conferences, such as Supercomputing 2012 or AWS Re:Invent, discussing client problems and the latest and greatest software releases.
• Traveled to a customer's office to coordinate with their team and discover opportunities to help them accelerate product development, risk management, and strategic analysis activities.
What you might do in the future:
• Work with new customers in a variety of different industries including Life Sciences, Finance and Insurance, "Big Data", and other industries.
• Help sell proof-of-concept work that builds products to benefit clients with new use cases.
• Learn new HPC/HTC use cases for cloud enablement, such as weather modeling, computational chemistry, engineering design. Then have Cycle “make it so” for various industries (e.g. weather modeling is now being used by property and casualty insurance companies).
• Engage with new customers to understand their environments, meet their teams, and begin scoping the problems and their solutions.
Sound Like a Job For You?
If you are inspired, you'd love this work every day, and you want to learn, *A LOT*, about building a great company and leading a product category. Please get in touch by emailing jointheteam [at] cyclecomputing dot com and include “ESR" (no quotes) somewhere in the subject.