CycleCloud has been engineered for enterprise-class production deployments and manages secure, large-scale, and resilient cloud environments for some of the world’s largest organizations. With over one-hundred engineering-years of development, CycleCloud is:
- Resilient – Leveraging template-based, provider-agnostic infrastructure definitions, CycleCloud can provision and synchronize a copy of your infrastructure in another provider data center, or even another cloud provider. This capability is unique, and patent-pending and simplifies disaster recovery planning while providing a provider-neutral option to your organization.
- Secure – CycleCloud conforms to industry best practices at every level of the stack. It leverages cloud provider-specific security mechanisms to control network, compute, and storage access in a repeatable, controlled manner to help ensure consistency in deployments. CycleCloud can directly integrate with on-premise authentication and authorization systems such as LDAP and Active Directory, and offers API-level integration for a host of other configurations.
- Flexible – CycleCloud’s configuration management tool provisions the entire software stack including leading operating systems, HPC, HTC, and storage configurations out-of-the-box. It is also fully customizable allowing you to easily incorporate custom configurations with bring-your-own machine images and Chef cookbooks.
- Scalable – CycleCloud can handle any scale, from tens of servers to thousands.
The CycleCloud orchestration suite manages the provisioning of cloud infrastructure, orchestration of workflow execution and job queue management, automated and efficient data placement, full process monitoring and logging, all within a fully secure process flow. As shown in the diagram above, CycleCloud easily leverages multi-cloud environments moving seamlessly between internal clusters, Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and other cloud environments.
The solution provides a web-based GUI, a command line interface, and a set of APIs to define cloud-based clusters. Once defined according to policies set by system administrators, CycleCloud can auto-scale clusters by instance types, maximum cluster size, and costing parameters. It rapidly deploys everything from modest sized systems of 64-6,400 cores to systems that rank as some of the fastest computers in the world (156,000+ cores), while validating each piece of the infrastructure to insure a complete and robust environment.
CycleCloud capabilities include:
- Provision, manage, and orchestrate cloud infrastructure from multiple providers
- Full-featured web GUI , command line tools, and APIs
- Purpose-built, cloud-optimized, configuration management system
- Dynamic scaling of large computation, Big Data, Big Compute and HPC workloads
- Utilization reporting, logging, and auditing capabilities
- Job submission, monitoring and administration of cloud deployments
CycleCloud can automatically scale to meet the needs of applications by elastically provisioning infrastructure based on user-defined templates. These templates offer complete control of the operational characteristics allowing dynamic optimization of workloads over multiple dimensions such as cost, scale, resiliency, and performance. Additionally, the data management function syncs in-house data repositories with cloud locations in a policy / job driven fashion. This enables data driven batch submissions where compute infrastructure is only provisioned when data is in place, saving costs and improving efficiency.
CycleCloud is designed as a complete, multi-cloud workflow solution. As shown above, the CycleCloud solution manages all the key elements for a full cloud based workflow. These include cluster configuration, provisioning, monitoring, and optimization. CycleCloud handles all of these in a programmatic fashion and insures that any options selected can be leveraged across the full range of providers. Keeping track of the full workflow, leveraging the feedback loop through monitoring, and providing this across multiple workloads simultaneously makes it possible to rapidly expand computational capabilities without major modifications or delay.
Next Section: Using CycleCloud
Download: CycleCloud Solutions Brief